Friday, February 5, 2010

Too tired for a title

I've come to the conclusion working 30 hours in three days blows. Today was spent setting up for a special event at work, which will have 6 employees working when the usual number is 12...but 4 of those are lazy and do better at "supervising" than working. I hate the fact that the higher in the chain-of-command the less work you actually do...in fact it kinda pisses me off. But tomorrow I will be one of several jobs to include but not limited: janitor (the one at work sucks something major and I have to clean the building from end to end), pack mule (still more tables to set up), photographer, and at the end of it all...I have to make sure the building is clean for basketball, which is another 10 hour day. Somehow I think it will be taking it all in with a smile will be a hard thing to accomplish.

I shouldn't complain too much, a few months ago my name was on a short list of people to potentially let go. Luckily that never happened and I am thankful for that, but even with everything it's hard to work for/with people you don't respect. My old supervisor always had something to work on and it felt like being on a team. My current boss leaves for a 3 hour lunch break when I get to work, let's his staff events he is responsible for, and to add insult to injury he then takes the credit for other people's work. I could probably go on for several hours on why I could care less for him...but again I remind myself I shouldn't complain too much.

I hate leaving things negative. I have 17 more months of school to start a new career and with that new career comes several positives in life. The biggest thing I miss about my own place was having people over to watch a movie or grab a meal. I fully intend on both of those making a strong comeback. Operation Soup Drop happened and I am already pulling out new ideas to help bring some extra smiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment